Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Second day of ice

I haven't been out since Sunday. The ice is not fun to try to walk on. Ben and Mary have been toughing it out alone. The roads are terrible. It is like trying to drive on an ice rink. She said they were doing okay. They have a generator for when the power was out and it came back on this morning. It was out for almost two days.

Katherine, Emily, Christopher and Sam came and spent the day with us since school was closed. I think they had fun visiting with each other and us. We spent the day playing video games playing outside on the ice and snow. They each had several hot dogs. That was their menu of choice. Thankfully I had some in the freezer.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You were smart to stay in. When you click on the picture you can see how thick the ice really is. It was bad here too. I'm sure my kids would have enjoyed visiting your house on a snow day too!!