These last few days have been busy. Saturday morning we got up and started getting ready to go to our annual church picnic. Estil finished filling out the raffle tickets we were buying while I baked the cake to donate. The picnic started at 3:00p.m. About noon Estil said "My side hurts". A few minutes later his back hurt even more than his side. The cake was in the oven, I was not ready to go anywhere. I jumped in the shower, brushed my teeth, got dressed, checked the cake. Estil paced........The cake was almost done. Turned the oven off. Took the cake out of the oven and set it on the counter. By the time we got to the emergency room, Estil was really hurting. He is seldom sick so we knew something was wrong. They questioned, poked, and x-rayed. "Have you ever had a kidney stone?" "No, never any problems in that area".
Estil never does anything half-way. Whatever he does, he always does the best and biggest. That is not a good thing for kidney stones. He had one 8.6 mm blocking his uretha and another one of equal size just waiting to join it. The medical staff was VERY Impressed. The doctor had to push it back into his kidney and put a stint in and then we waited until today to break it up.
The machine that breaks it up comes to town on Tuesday and Thursday. He stayed in the hospital Saturday night and they did the proceedure to push it back Sunday morning. He came home Sunday night and today at 3:00p.m. the machine broke it up. Now he is waiting. We strain everything that comes out and we are supposed to save anything of any size and take to the doctor Monday for show-n-tell.
Right now he is resting and feels okay. We will both be glad for Monday to get here and this to be a distant memory. Thanks to all of you responding to Kathy's request for prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh, I have been WAITING to hear how everything is going!!!! WOW!! that works fast!!
I hope that he feels better by the minute. send some Hawaiian love to him from us!!
Dear Pop,
I love you. I hope you get well soon! Let's go fishing when you feel better!!!
Love Naomi and Kathy and Joe and Elijah and Levi.
happy to hear that you're recovering,now you can really celebrate the 4th of July!
Post a Comment