This afternoon the power came back on. A large tree fell on the lines. That tree had to be removed before the power could be repaired. A lot of the city is still out. The schools will reopen tomorrow. We kept our refrigerator and freezer closed so it looks like the only thing we lost was the ice cream. Yesterday and today, different friends let us hook up thier generator for a few hours and that helped keep things cold.
On a happier note, Estil and I played dominoes by candlelight. That was fun. Last night Molly grilled pork chops and chicken tenders that had thawed. Several of us joined them for a pot luck.
We didn't get to play cards with Jackie today as we usually do on Tuesdays as she is still in the dark. I invited them to come here but she did not want to have to come home after dark. I could understand that because it is dark without street lights. The moonlight has been comforting though. I had forgotten what it was like at night without lights. The sky is beautiful.
I feel really sorry for the people in Texas that had rain with all that wind. We needed rain not the wind. It was a lot easier to clean up since we just had to rake and drag the big limbs to the curb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It sounds like you made the most out of a bad situation. The moon has been beauttiful!
You DID make the most of your situation!!! YOU LOST THE ICE CREAM!!! ha ha. sounds like you all came together in time of need. Not like FEMA!!!
Hi! My mom, Judy, sent me your blog address, so I guess we cousins! I am sorry Ike traveled so far inland! There is something about living on the coast where you kinda expect and get a thrill from big storms. One of my good friend's mother's stayed in Galveston (although not on the island) and really enjoyed the storm! Another friend sent me pictures of downtown Houston after the storm! It must be similar to how people living along the "Ring of Fire" feel about earthquakes!
I feel bad for those who lost so much--especially family. I do miss living closer to that kind of storm, however.
Post a Comment