Monday, September 17, 2007

SEPTEMBER 17, 1965

I can't help but remember this date. FORTY-TWO years ago today I went to work at the Post Office. When I started there they gave me a key to the ladies room as I was the only woman employed there. My how things changed.

For the first nine years I worked as a general clerk on loan the Postal Inspection Service.
I only worked 16 hours a week. I had two more babies. My title was Domicile Aide.
I loved it. In 1974 they closed the Inspection Service office here and I started working on
the floor with the mail. Then I worked 40+ hours a week.

Now, on October 3, I will be retired 15 years. I REALLY love it!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Yes, how times have changed! You truely have made history.

I can't believe it has been 15 years, it seems like only yesterday!