Friday, April 04, 2008

Rains

I know that last year there was a lot of worry about a drought. This year I am really tired of the rain. Last night I had to go through water over the road going to Ben's. I came home a different route and again water was on the road. There is one more way to his house and I have been told that road is still clear. I am going that way tonight!

Ben is still doing okay. Sometimes I have a little trouble understanding him but we do manage.

My front yard is in bloom but I haven't photographed it yet. Just trust me, it is a joy to turn in my driveway and see the beautiful spring flowers.

We have been playing a 'new to us' card came with Jackie and Don. It is called 13. Each hand has a different wild card, starting with A and ending with K. Whoever has the lowest count at the end wins. Jackie and I have won several times so of course We Love It!

3 comments:

Frankie said...

I'm with you about the rain, we are
swamped too. glad to hear that Ben is doing alright.Gob Bless him, and you.
I haven't played,13 either , I will ask our group about it.
am I supposed to answer when you comment on my blog, on my blog? I did.

Kathy said...

So, how was the route when you went last night? I hope it was better. First ice, then flooding, but you continue to make your way. I am sure Ben and Mary are thankful.

My yard is in bloom too. I will try to take some pictures soon! I always love the way your dogwood tree looks in all its glory.

Dina said...

ha ha ha!! true. nothing is FUN when you KEEP losing.