Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back to school

McKenzie has a whole new respect for her mom now. Her classes started yesterday. The plan was for her to bring Jack to me to babysit and then she go to school. Her first class was at 10:00 a.m. I phoned her at 9:00 to see if everything was on schedule. She said she thought so but maybe running a little tight. At 10:00 Molly called. She had Jack and would bring him to me. McKenzie had phoned Molly in a panic. She had lost her schedule and Jack was CRYING and she couldn't get ready. Molly took an early lunch break, left work and went to get Jack. When she got there, Jack was in his car seat asleep. A bottle was propped with a stuffed toy. McKenzie was almost ready for school. She found her schedule but it didn't say which building or classroom the class was held. Molly brought Jack to me and went back to work. McKenzie went to school to get a new printout with the classrooms indicated.

Jack is a good baby. We had a wonderful time. He lay in the floor and laughed and played. I fed him once and Estil fed him once. He laughs a lot. He seems to be teething so he wants to chew on everything. I didn't take any photos yesterday but will next time.

McKenzie said she didn't know how her mom did it every day. For many years, Molly took four children to 4 different schools or babysitters every day before going to work at 8:00 a.m. McKenzie has a new appreciation for her mom!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It helps to live in a small town without a lot of traffic! That said, I think Molly is awesome. I can do it, but I REALLY don't like to.

And I'm sure McKenzie will think lots of stuff Molly has done is pretty smart now.

Dina said...

I could be WRONG at saying this...but I think most people DON'T appreciate their Mom's UNTIL THEY BECOME ONE!!! I know for me it was that way. Sure I looooved my mom, thought she was the smartest ever, but appreciate her??? Not like I DO NOW!!! Being a MoM is hard. The biggest sacrifice, most rewarding!