Wednesday, August 20, 2008

VACATION BLESSINGS

In this era of instant communication, can you imagine being on the top of a mountain without a cell phone or Internet connection. The saving grace is that we were with part of our family and the scenery was beautiful.

I brought my computer because I have developed the habit of reading the newspaper on line at night before I go to bed. As we were getting packed, Estil was helping and dropped the cord to the laptop. He didn't notice. : ( I also brought a pack of disc to download some files. I had PLANS. We quickly reverted back to the day when we played games with each other. No computer games. We had a great time playing cards and scrabble.

Just another example of problems becoming blessings!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That's funny you had plans. I had plans too with my computer, I was going to organize my pictures. After the first day, I realized I didn't really want to do that after all.

Frankie said...

what mountain? just viewed Kathy's blog, what did you paint on your bowl? looks like you had great fun.

bet it was restful without cell phone or computer.

Dina said...

I saw those pictures and all the games you were playing,....It brought back "family" times. Definetly made me see that WE need to do that more often instead of using computers/ipods/videos to give us pleasures. back to basics is good!!