Wednesday, November 12, 2008

HOME OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

That very true statement is printed on my shirt I wore today. Our veterans were brave in battle and now must be brave again as they fight their battles with bureaucracy trying to get the benefits promised them. There was an article on CNN about ALS being service connected. Of course we already knew this, but now the military is acknowledging it. The article states that if you served in the military, you are twice as likely to get ALS. I would like to know WHY. Are we really fighting an unadmitted chemical war?

3 comments:

Dina said...

GREAT SAYING!!! Ya know, it's almost (sadly) NORMAL to be watching the news and here of our veterans getting killed, and sometimes I stop and think WOW, not only they DIED....they DIED TRYING TO PROTECT ME...SOMEONE THEY DON'T KNOW TO LIVE...hmmm bless ALL THEIR HEARTS!!!

Kathy said...

Scary thought.

Frankie said...

Perry, my brother, has health
problems from agent orange,
from his time in Viet Nam.
doesn't get much help from
the V.A. either.