Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Smiles all around!

Today, Jack came early.  He preferred Estil as usual.  I got to feed him a little and change his diaper three times.  Two were rather smelly!  He smiled and laughed a lot when we were playing with him but when Estil left the room, he was crawling after him.  
We watched the inauguration most of the day.  It was awesome.  I really felt like I was watching history being made.  I hope and pray our new president can make a difference!  
I fixed Hoppin John soup to take to Jackie's when we played cards.  Jackie won when we played 13 and the guys won at Hand-n-Foot.  

I feel so much hope in the air now that  George Bush has retired.  Isn't it wonderful that our president can speak without stumbling over his words?     : )

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It sounds like you had a really busy day! I hope you got the rest you needed. Jack is so cute, I bet Pop loves him crawling after HIM.

When I picked up my kids I ask them if they had watched the Inauguration and all of them said yes. Levi said, "History in the Making". Elijah said, "At least he can talk". Naomi was just happy!

Dina said...

Bush & Mrs Bush seemed like they cannot WAIT to RUN TO TEXAS...sit on their porch & snicker..."geez, that was close!" poor Barack for getting theee worst times at taking a shot at fixing this country!!! Jack is too cute how he folllows Estil..